Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 9 (session 22)

This week I looked at the e-books available on Net Library. Lots of classics available there and it would be great if you just wanted to look up a certain section (not sure if I would want to read a whole book onscreen yet, though I haven't seen a kindle yet).

I also looked at the Downloadable Media set-up. I've actually used this service before to download a book to my ipod. It used to be that it wouldn't work on ipods and I think people will find it a lot more practical now that ipods are included in the servicable files. It's a bit of a pain that you have to download the software to your computer, but it doesn't seem to be a very big file size. It would certainly be handy if people could load up their ipods from the Library computers, though I guess it would be a great strain on the network since audio books are reasonably large files.

Great to see some newer authors like Chuck Palahnuik on there.

1 comment: